Software Reliability Engineering is extremely important and rapidly growing field in various industries such as, consumer, defence, space, automobile, medical, energy etc. It provides the theoretical and practical tools to facilitate the design decisions that help companies meet the software Reliability, Quality and Safety goals. Reliability engineering is not only an integral part of the overall product design process but is necessary for life-cycle costing, cost benefit analysis, testing, support planning and the establishment of maintenance programs. It is a critical element of most Software Quality Systems.
In this two day course, you will learn what it means to be a software reliability engineer and how software design engineers can perform many of the essential activities of Reliability Engineering to meet requirements of the Software Quality System and fulfil mandatory requirements of RFQs.
What to expect from this training?
- Understand the basic concepts of Software Reliability Engineering
- Learn about the key elements for designing and building highly reliable software products
- Learn how to define and calculate primary metrics needed to demonstrate the reliable (and safety) of software products
- Understand the key best practices for making highly reliable software intensive products
- Understand importance of product level testing in software product development
- Learn how to perform software dFMEA; an important part of product development
Who should attend?
This Software Reliability Engineering Workshop is for those who are involved in improving product reliability & safety programs, for Professionals in Engineering Software Product Development and in software testing/qualification should attend the workshop. Anyone responsible for improving product reliability and safety will benefit, including:
- New/Current practitioners of Software Design, Development, Test & Reliability Engineering
- Hardware & Software Designers
- Hardware and Software Program Managers
- Embedded software Engineer
Indicative topics to be covered:
- Why RAMS engineering?
- Understanding primary Software RAMS metrics: Reliability, Failure Rate, Maturity, Availability, Fault Tolerance, Recoverability, Maintainability.
- Failure Rate, MTBF calculation best practices
- What replaces physics of failure for software intensive products (Software RCA)
- Using Static Code Analysis in SW Development
- Safety Analysis using SW product FTA
- Integrating FMEA in SW product development
- Effective SW Testing Strategy development
- Integrating Reliability Engineering into Agile product development (SCRUM)
This course includes a comprehensive active learning manual with workshop kit. It is not just training, but a workshop where all participants will have hands on case studies after every theoretical session.
Certificate of participation will be awarded to each participant by BE Analytic Solutions.
Will be announced soon (training to be held in Bangalore and Pune).
9.30 AM – 6.00 PM.
30th and 31st January, 2017 in Bangalore
1st and 2nd February, 2017 in Pune
Mr. Robert Mueller (from San Francisco), holds M.S. (Physics), MBB (HP-Agilent), CQE (from ASQ), CSM (from Scrum Alliance)
Robert Mueller Sr.Consultant, Opsalacarte is a product development and program management professional with four decades of technical and management experience in product development/delivery with extensive experience in business-product strategy development, quality systems and warranty chain improvement programs. His credentials includes experience in Product development process & lifecycle improvement, Design for Software Reliability, Design for Warranty Cost Reduction, Applying 'Agile' software development methodologies, Software measurement, metrics and Root Cause Analysis.